Nusrat Khan is a Research Associate at RED. She has started her research career as a research fellow in the USAID Next Generation Public Health Experts Program. From her medical life she has been involved in various short term research projects under different physicians of Dhaka Medical College. After completing MBBS, with a strong determination in developing career in the field of research, she has also completed MPH.
Name : Dr. Nusrat Khan
Address : 41 Eskaton Garden, Eastern Tower, Flat 301, Ramna, Dhaka-1000.
E-mail address : nusrat.khan[at]brac.net
Age : 26 years
Nationality : Bangladeshi
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Married
MPH (2014), American International University-Bangladesh
M.B.B.S (2013), Dhaka Medical College, Bangladesh
H.S.C in Science (2003), Viqarunnisa Noon College,Dhaka Board Bangladesh
S.S.C in Science (2005), Viqarunnisa Noon School, Dhaka Board,Bangladesh
Date : December 2014- present
Position : Research Associate
Employer : BRAC
Type of business : Non-profit organization/NGO
Area of work : Research and evaluation in Health, Nutrition and Wash
- Proposal writing
- Research design
- Questionnaire and check list develop (both Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Conduct research at the field
- Provide Training to the Research Assistants
- Field visit
- Data Analysis
- Report writing
- Assist Senior Research Associate for research purpose
- Produce Journal/News paper article
- Other administrative tasks regarding the respective study
Date : February 2014 to November 2014
Position : Fellow
Employer : USAID
Type of business : International Funding Organization
Area of work : Public health research
Major responsibilities : Conduct individual research given by supervisor of affiliated educational institute. Organize conference and seminars relating to public health issues. Maintaining contact with different national and international public health organizations and institutes.
List of publications
Book/book chapters/ journal articles
1. Congenial Anomelies-Awareness Can Make a Change (2014). Proceedings of Global Public Health Conference, Sri lanka.
2. Congenital Heart Disease-Preventive Measures (2014). Proceedings of Global Health Festival, American International University-Bangladesh.
3. Proportion of Congenital Anomalies in Tertiary Level Hospitals of Dhaka City (2014). Proceedings of AIUB 1st Conference for Public Health Professionals.