BRAC Research and Evaluation Division (RED) in collaboration with the Copenhagen Consensus Center (CCC) arranged a Sector Expert Round table to discuss the smartest solution to various pressing issues of migration. The round table was held on 27 May 2015 from 10:00 am to12:00 pm at the BRAC Centre INN Meeting Room # 2. Major issues discussed in the round table are::
- Importance of access to proper information of potential migrant workers.
- Role of government for ensuring the rights of migrated workers.
- Minimizing the cost of migration.
- Ensuring the safety of workers who migrated abroad.
- Push and Pull factors of migration.
- Importance of digital technology in training and raising awareness of migrant workers
- Importance of skill enhancement of migrant workers
Representatives from government, NGOs, think tanks and bilateral and multilateral donors including World Bank, IOM actively participated in the discussion.