WASH Programme of BRAC--Towards Attaining the MDG Targets
WASH Research Team
Research and Evaluation Division, BRAC
July - 2008
The broad objective of this study was to know and analyze the baseline information of water, sanitation, and hygiene at WASH areas. Specific objectives are as follows:
• To find out the percentage of people and area under safe water and sanitation coverage, both households (HH) and institutes.
• To find out the status and access of water sources, different types of latrines, and defecation practices.
• To analyze the various WASH-related attributes and to identify the links with other social and economic components.
Knowledge, attitude, and practice (KAP)
• To assess existing knowledge, attitude, and practice of hygiene among men, women, and children.
• To find out people’s willingness to change their existing unhygienic behaviours.
• To find out HH’s demand for safe water and sanitation, and willingness to pay for improved services.