LANSA-BRAC invites you to join the Online Dialogue on
'Public and Private Actions to strengthen the delivery of nutritious food'
25-26 April, 2017
Understanding how markets and value chains operate is critical to establishing effective connections between agriculture and nutrition. To this end, LANSA research has been exploring different pathways that link markets and value chain actors to households to improve access to nutritious food by undernourished populations. It aims to answer the following questions:
- What are the most effective pathways to deliver nutritious foods in different contexts?
- What are the opportunities and challenges of the different pathways to deliver nutritious products to poor consumers?
- Who are the key actors (public and private) and what roles do (or should) they have to ensure the success of the agri-food value chains?
- What interventions and policies can encourage or enable the agri-food market system to develop and thrive? How can such interventions and policies be promoted?
We have a unique body of research, with 12 case studies from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan - food fortification, social enterprise, public-private distribution, etc - that look at the effectiveness of markets and post-farm gate value chains in delivering nutritious food in different contexts.
After two years of work, the research is now in the final stages. Before formal publication, we are inviting key stakeholders to join us for an online dialogue on 25th and 26th April, where we will share our findings for the first time.
You should join us to have an opportunity to:
- Review the research before formal publication, and provide feedback and critical comment.
- Engage with other key actors in your country and region
- Share your perspectives and experiences and discuss how we may enhance public and private engagement for improved nutrition
- Learn from the experiences of other neighbouring countries
About the discussion
This online dialogue will take place over a two day period, however you can participate by email or the web at any point. The discussion is structured in such a way that you can dip in and out of the conversation as is convenient for you. We will send background materials including a summary of the key findings from each country, once you register with us.
The LANSA Team